*waves* I bet you didn’t expect to see me halfway through the month!
I want to share more of my writing progress with you, so I’ve lined up a whole host of things I can show you 🙂
I’m making a start this month by introducing you to my MC from my Dreamer novella trilogy, Esta Anderson. It’s my project for the July Camp NaNo, so I’ve spent quite a bit of time with Esta lately.
Some things about Esta:
- Her full name is Estelle Anderson, but she prefers Esta because it has an edge to it and doesn’t sound like a pampered princess.
- She’s an introvert and prefers a good book and a hot chocolate to a night out.
- She’s allergic to cats but not dogs. She adopted a rottweiler puppy together with her BFF, Bonnie, when they moved in together, and she has a feline spirit guide in her dreams.
- She lucid dreams at will. There’s a door in every dream that’s giving her bad vibes–so, naturally, she’s gonna open it. She gets a little (*cough* OMG understatement of the century!!) more than she expected when she does.
- She doesn’t give a shit about fashion and wears whatever’s comfy.
- She swears a lot and is sarcastic as fuck.
- She wants to be an art photographer focussing on surrealism, but that industry is hard, guys. In the meantime, she works part-time in a university art gallery.
- She can’t lie to save her life.
- She has misophonia and what we both call Bookworm Syndrome.
- Her greatest fears include losing Bonnie, dying with regrets, time slipping away from her, no longer knowing the difference between dream and reality, everyone hating her photography, and spiders.
- She’s not super close to her family and has lost touch with everyone but her parents and her grandma. Her BFF since childhood, Bonnie, and her rottweiler Buffy are her real family.
- She wants to uncover the world’s hidden secrets. The witch next door (who I haven’t named yet) teaches her sometimes.
That’ll have to be enough for now or you won’t have anything new to learn about her when the books come out 😉
I LOVE character aesthetics, so I’ve done another one besides the one above. It’s a little different:
I mean, what are notebooks for?
Both are early aesthetics, so I might make a new one now I know Esta a lot better. They are still accurate and very her, but they can be even more so. Neither features her dog or her BFF, for one.
While every character I (or indeed every author) write has some parts of me in them, I’ve put more of myself into Esta than any other character. There’s still plenty that’s different too, but I still feel like you’ll meet me when you meet her.
I’m excited I got to introduce her today. I hope the first impression is a good one <3
Next month I’ll be talking about the many supernatural elements I’m putting into this story. I’ll post roughy halfway through the month in addition to my monthly goals (first Monday) and my monthly recaps (last Friday), so expect new insights around the 15th.
There’ll also be new categories to go with these posts. The one for the character intros is called Meet the Characters and is now live in the category drop-down menu, which I’ve added to the News page.
Is there anything else you’d like to know about Esta? Make a tea and ask away 🙂
Sign up for my BOOKISH WITH SARINA mailing list for updates on my books, excerpts, early cover reveals, and exclusive freebies such as the short stories All that I Can Be and Bubak.